Web design has evolved over the years, becoming more personalized, engaging, and visually appealing to provide users a one-of-a-kind experience.
In this article, we have listed web design trends that have grown prevalent, why they work, and why you should utilize them on your own website.
1. One-page scrolling: Think of a highway without irritating bends and turns. This works because all the information about your company, your services, your work portfolio, and other significant details are all in one page instead of the user having to find them all in a drop down menu or in multiple tabs. In a way, it’s kind of like a storytelling, where you let the user explore and experience your website on his or her own.
2. The Parallax Effect: Parallax makes the background image move slowly compared to the foreground and produces an illusion of depth. It adds to the web design’s uniqueness, and allows the user to enjoy the experience of scrolling more,
3. Flat design: Flat design is a design that is very minimalist and simple to look at. This works and is prevalent in most websites because it’s easily scalable and manageable.
4. Full screen background images: This design trend makes the webpage more attractive to the user, and thus providing them with a unique user experience as though they’re seeing the product or experiencing the service right before their eyes. 40% of people will respond better to visual information than to plain text according to Zabisco, so that’s about the same percentage of people you’d want to attract.
5. Ghost buttons: Basically, these are call-to-action texts usually encased in a rectangular shape and placed on the web design. Placing these on web pages can give you higher chances of customer conversion because they’re enticing enough for the users to want to click them.
6. Customized loading page: Something that every webpage should actually have is a customized loading icon. It’s visually engaging and lets the user know the progress of the load so that he or she doesn’t feel like time is wasted waiting.
7. Typography: Emphasis on typography, especially when paired with full screen background images, just improves further the aesthetic appeal of your webpage to the user.
If you want all those and more, 9DotStrategies offers a web development and web design service that can easily make users fall in love with your webpages